The 5 day IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt classroom course is designed for a professional who needs to be well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology in order to lead small to medium sized process improvement projects at work. The IASSC certification exam is a 3 hour 100 question proctored exam.
There are no course prerequisities for this 5-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt other than a basic understanding of mathematics ( GCSE level or equivalent). Those students already holding a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification may benefit from their prior knowledge and understanding of overlapping concepts across both courses.
Course Learning Objectives
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification introduces the student to more complex Six Sigma statistical methods as well as Lean Leadership styles and developing a Lean Cuture in your workplace. As a certified Green Belt you will be capable of leading teams and coaching and mentoring team members or subject matter experts within your company. The 5-day training class will enhance the problem solving skills and leadership skills of the attendee and stimulate them to take positive action for process improvement when they return to their workplace.
*Please note, events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged.
- Lean Six Sigma Fundamentals
- What is Lean Six Sigma?
- Process Flow and Value Stream Mapping
- Muda, Mura and Muri - The 3 diseases of Processes
- The 7 ( or 8 ) Wastes
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) and CTQs
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Fundamentals Quiz
- Define Phase
- Problem Definition
- Project Selection
- Business Case
- Project Charter
- Measure Phase
- Process Discovery
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process Capability
- Analyze Phase
- "X" Sifting
- Inferential Statistics
- Correlation and Regression Analysis
- Analyze Phase Quiz
- DOE ( Design of Experiments)
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Improve Phase
- Lean Tools for improvement
- Implementation strategies for improvements
- Control Phase
- Control Plans
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Control Charts
- Start MOCK EXAM
- 2 hrs HOMEWORK to complete mock
- Improve and Control Phases Quiz
- Revision and Rework of Mock Exam Questions
- 12 noon - IASSC GREEN BELT EXAM
Trainer and Coach ,
Lean Six Sigma
Before becoming a trainer John worked for 10 years as a Senior Project Manager in Information Technology with IBM Global Services, SAIC, Entergy, and before that as a Systems Engineer in programming process controls for Paper Mills, Chemical Plants and Textile Mills throughout the USA.
- BSc in Physics (Loughborough University)
- PGCE (York University)
- MBA (University of New Orleans)
- PMP certified with Project Management Institute for 14 years
- Six-Sigma Black Belt certified with IASSC
Other interesting fact: John has worked in USA, Panama, Australia and New Zealand.
The 5 day classroom IASSC certification Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course is designed for a professional who wants to be well versed in the Lean Six Sigma Methodology, Tools and Techniques and to lead small to medium sized process improvement projects.
The Quadrus Centre
Boldon Business Park
Tyne and Wear