The increase, in the number of passengers utilizing railway as their frequent mode of transportation, is likely to boost the automation in railways. The operators in this industry seek to understand the pattern of traveler, in order to take strategic decisions for generating profits. Furthermore, introduction of smart systems, such as big data analytics will also help in taking stringent actions against security of the railway. In addition, it will create an ability to anticipate any breakdown(s) in any part of the enterprise system, which is expected to propel the market growth. Growth in smart cities, and rapid adoption of internet of things (IoT), are likely to fuel the global smart railways market growth during the forecast period.
Rising Emergence of Internet of Things (IoT)
The growing approach, towards the enhancement of cargo management and autonomous vehicle, and the integration of internet of things (IoT) in railways is likely to gain high pace. Moreover, the operations for running train can be optimized with incorporating analytics, which may mitigate the cost involved, thereby ascending profit margins and providing seamless services to customers. Furthermore, integration of analytics helps in tracking the flow of passengers, including passengers in each train and people waiting at station. This helps the operator to augment the schedule of train and focus on overcrowded stations. Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to propel the global smart railways market over the forecast period.
Rail Analytics System to Exhibit the Highest Growth
The train operators are rigorously trying to mitigate delays and increase mileage, in order to have efficient flow of rail operations, and ascend customer’s satisfaction. This opens new avenue for integration of analytics in railway. Furthermore, rail analytics help in timely maintenance and track any unforeseen event, which is likely to fuel the market growth over the projected period.
Asia- Pacific to Show the Highest Growth
In Asia-Pacific, there is a tremendous shift towards digitization from analog, particularly in railway industry. Investors such as BMCL, SRT, and OTP has confirmed an investment of USD 93 billion in Southeast Asia region for rail industry, which is likely to boost the smart railway in the region. In June 2017, the government of India announced the commencement of manufacturing smart locomotives. Furthermore, the minister of railway in India decided to install voice and video recording devices in engines to keep track, and mitigate the error of judgment by driver, thereby reducing chances of accidents. This is expected to fuel the market growth in the region, during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: Cisco announced their collaboration with ScotRail, Network Rail Telecom, CGI, and Wittos, to offer superior Wi-Fi networks on trains allowing passengers to have access to internet on the go. This is expected to encourage people to prefer this mode of transportation, thereby increasing revenue to the companies.
- July 2017: Huawei and China Mobile broadcasted the unveiling of a pilot project based on multi access edge computing (MEC), at South Railway Station, Beijing, enabling video content and video package subscription. This is likely to boost the customer experience, thereby fueling the market growth.
- February 2017: IBM announced that SNCF, a French railway operator is utilizing Watson Internet of Things (IoT) by IBM to manage scheduling and provide enhanced customer experience, which is likely to boost the company’s profit and consumer base.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The future prospect of the Global Smart Railways Market and opportunities
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain
4.3 Factors Driving the Market
4.3.1 Increasing Urbanization
4.3.2 Rising emergence of IoT
4.4 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4.1 High initial investment
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.7 Industry Regulations & Policies
5. Global Smart Railways Market Segmentation
5.1 By Products and Services
5.1.1 Railway Communication and Networking System
5.1.2 Advance Security System
5.1.3 Frieght Information System
5.1.4 Passenger Information System
5.1.5 Rail Analytics System
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7. Company Market Share
7.1 Cisco Systems, Inc.
7.3 Alcatel-Lucent (acquired by Nokia)
7.4 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
7.5 Siemens AG
7.6 Hitachi, Ltd.
7.7 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
7.8 Moxa Inc.
7.9 Bombardier Inc.
7.10 Thales Group
7.11 General Electric
7.14 Toshiba Corporation *List not Exhaustive
8. Opportunities in Global Smart Railways Market
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent (acquired by Nokia)
- Huawei Technologies Co. LTD.
- Siemens AG
- Hitachi LTD.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Moxa Inc.
- Bombardier Inc.
- Thales Group
- General Electric
- Toshiba Corporation