Custody Transfer, also known as Fiscal Metering, occurs when fluids and gases are exchanged between parties. Payment is usually made as a function of the amount of fluid or gas transferred, so accuracy is important since a small mistake in measurement can add up, leading to financial exposure in custody transfer transactions.
In recent years this importance has grown, not only because of its widespread use for accounting purposes due to escalation in material values but also because of its application in several other aspects of upstream and pipeline operation such as sampling, analysis and loss/gain balance. All of these applications constitute key elements for the operator who wants to maximize pipeline efficiency and requires a very strict correlation with accurate and reliable flow measurement.
Errors in measurement for custody transfer are very expensive, which is why this is regulated in most countries and involving government taxation and contractual agreements between parties.
This programme will introduce to the participants all essential knowledge and best practice on the various kinds of flow metering systems, the flow measurement principles, measurement methods for a well-rounded short education throughout the 5-day event.
The course will be led by world class Professional Trainer and Consultant, Dirk Horst, who has more than 36 years’ of Professional Experience in Instrumentation & Process Analyzer Systems and CT Metering.
Customised to Meet Your Learning Needs
Dirk Horst would like to customize the class based on your specific needs. Pre-Course Questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the workshop to complete. Dirk will analyze in advance and address the issues during the course.
This course will be a highly interactive and participative workshop where participants will be encouraged to discuss their own practice and compare it to others and recognised best practice. Real projects and case studies will form an important part of the workshop and participants will be encouraged to discuss and reflect on their own organisations practices and ways to improve them.
Upon Completion of This Course, You Will
- Understand key issues and differences related to Custody and Fiscal metering while able to identify the required metering devices
- Grasp Nomination, Scheduling, Validation, Sampling and Analysis
- Gain insight into different types of contracts
- Learn different types of liquid and gas metering systems
- Master parameters to be measured for Based Flow Measurements
- Comprehend Fluid and Flow Dynamics
- Identify different types of Flow meters and its advantages and disadvantages
- Design the basics of a Gas metering station
- Recognise applied accuracy terminology and apply it accordingly
- Become familiar with international Flow measurement standards and their incorporation into major petroleum companies
- Establish the factors involved with Standardised Gas Flow metering
- Familiarize of the dynamics measuring systems for liquids other than water according to applied standard
- Identify and recognize different types of gas and liquid meter provers, their applications and operations
- Consider multiphase Flow and water cut measurements
Certificate of Attendance
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance bearing the signatures from both The Trainer and the Course Organizer. This Certificate will testify your endeavor and serve towards your professional advancement.
- Section 01: Introduction Fiscal Metering
- Section 02: Applied Accuracy Terminology
- Section 03: Fluid Dynamics
- (Continued) Section 03: Fluid Dynamics
- Section 04: Flow Metering using ? P
- Section 05: Flow Metering
- Section 06: OIML R117
- Section 07: Principles of Gas Chromatography
- Section 08: Heating Value Measurements
- Section 09: Fiscal Gas Metering Station Design
- Section 10: Moisture Theory & Analysis Methods
- Section 11: Flow Calibration
- Section 12: Metering Prover Systems
- The following Sections are Optional subjects that may be discussed depending on registered delegates’ interest!
- Section 13: Standardized Gas Flow Metering
- Section 14: Multiphase Flow and Water Cut Measurements
Discussion and Wrap up of Course
Professional Trainer and Consultant
Instrumentation & Process Analyzer Systems, CT Metering
- 36 years’ of Professional Experience
- Instrument trainer at the National Training Institute of Oman
- Competence Assessor and Internal Verifier - City & Guilds for LNG Maintenance Department
- Process Analyser Engineer/Supervisor for maintenance of analyser systems at Nigeria LNG (6 Trains). Successfully set up a smoothly running maintenance team for the daily maintenance and troubleshooting of wide range of LNG analyser systems making use of a self-developed performance.
- Process Analyzer Engineer/Trainer and Consultant during pre-stage and startup of Sakhalin LNG, Russia
- Focal point Analyser Systems for the SMDS rebuilt project in Malaysia
- Process Analyzer Consultant for Shell Global Solutions during commissioning and start-up of the Reliance Refinery in India.
This workshop is designed for executives and engineers in the oil and gas industry with the following job scope:
- Custody Transfer
- Flow Measurement
- Quality Measurement Instruments (QMI)
- E&I (Electrical & Instrument)
Officials from the governmental petroleum/finance ministries and regulators will benefit from this course too.
Ramada Jumeirah Hotel
P.O. Box 121122, Al Mina Road,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
This modern hotel is 2.9 km from Jumeirah Public Beach and 6 km from Port Rashid.
The unassuming rooms have free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, minibars and coffeemakers. Suites add separate living spaces. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult.
There are 5 restaurants, including an Asian fusion eatery with live cooking stations, 2 cafes and a Scottish pub. Other amenities include a rooftop pool, an exercise room and a spa. There's also a nightclub and a poolside bar. Meeting rooms are available.