Perth metropolitan area or the Perth Greater Capital City Statistical Area (GCCSA) is one of the 16 GCCSA regions in Australia. The area with strong presence of service sector is a key contributor to the Australian economy contributing about 11.1% of the national GDP in 2017. The area's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate: wholesale and retail trade: hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Perth” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Perth.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers. Perth is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists.
- The tourism and hospitality sectors experienced healthy growth over the past two years.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Perth metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Perth metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Perth metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Perth metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Perth metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Perth metropolitan area - main universities, 2017
Table 7: Perth metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Perth metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Perth metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, FY2016-17
Table 10: Perth metropolitan area - key airport indicators
Table 11: Perth city - office rents, June, 2017
Table 12: Western Australia - International Arrivals by Country of Residence
Table 13: Experience Perth - Hotel indicators
Table 14: Perth metropolitan area - Hotel key indicators
Table 15: Perth metropolitan area - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Perth metropolitan area - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Perth metropolitan area - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Perth metropolitan area - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Perth metropolitan area - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Perth metropolitan area - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Perth metropolitan area - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)