Reading town or city is one of the six districts located in Berkshire county in South East region in the United Kingdom. It has a strong presence of service sectors contributing about 84% to the city’ total GDP. The city's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate: wholesale and retail trade: hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile - Reading” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Reading. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy - and the major employers.
- Reading is a key tourist destinations in South East region in the United Kingdom, for both domestic and international tourists.
- The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Retail AND CONSUMPTION
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Reading city - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Reading city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Reading city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Reading city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Reading city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Reading city - population comparison, 2000-25
Table 7: Reading city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Heathrow airport: key airport indicators
Table 9: Berkshire county - international arrivals by country of residence (000’s)
Table 10: Berkshire county - international arrivals by country of residence by purpose (000’s)
Table 11: Berkshire county - spending by International Arrivals by Country of Residence (US$ million)
Table 12: Berkshire County: Key hotel indicators
Table 13: Berkshire county - MICE * and Other Events
Table 14: Reading city - addition to the dwellings stock
List of Figures
Figure 1: Reading city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Reading city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Reading city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Reading city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Reading city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Reading city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)