Busan’s economy over the past five years (2013-17) grew at an average annual rate of 3.9%. Busan’s economy contributes about 5% to the South Korea’s GDP. Improvements in financial intermediation and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Busan” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Busan. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Busan being visited maximum by the tourists remains a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Busan metropolitan area - key facts, 2017
Table 2: Busan metropolitan area- real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Busan metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Busan metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$)
Table 5: Busan metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25)(% of total)
Table 6: Busan metropolitan area - main universities, 2017
Table 7: Busan metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25) (million)
Table 8: Busan metropolitan area - population by age (% of total)
Table 9: Busan metropolitan area - mass transit network indicators, 2015
Table 10: Gimhae International Airport - key airport indicators
Table 11: Busan city - international arrivals by country of residence
Table 12: Busan city - tourism indicators
Table 13: Busan city : key hotel indicators (2014-16)
Table 14: Busan city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 15: Busan metropolitan area - MICE* and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Busan metropolitan area- real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Busan metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Busan metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
Figure 4: Busan metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25) (% of total)
Figure 5: Busan metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25)
Figure 6: Busan metropolitan area - population by age (% of total)