Hanoi City’s nominal GDP accounted for 16.0% of the national GDP in 2017. Rise in export and increasing domestic demand and inflows of foreign direct investment (FDI) led to improvement in economy
“City Profile - Hanoi” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Hanoi. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- Between 2018 and 2025, the city's economy is estimated to grow at an average annual rate of 6.1% in real terms, primarily driven by household consumption and the reforms taken by the government relating to promoting trade, investment and tourism
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Hanoi city - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Hanoi city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Hanoi city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Hanoi city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Hanoi city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Hanoi city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Hanoi city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Hanoi city- office rents
Table 9: Hanoi city - Tourism indicators
Table 10: Hanoi city - UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 11: Hanoi city - MICE and Other Events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Hanoi city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Hanoi city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Hanoi city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Hanoi city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Hanoi city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Hanoi city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)