Bucharest has a pivotal role in the country’s economy, accounting for 26.2% of national GDP. The economy of the area is mainly dominated by the tertiary sector with more than 73.3% contribution to the total GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Bucharest” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bucharest. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Bucharest is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in over the years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Bucharest metropolitan area - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Bucharest metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 3: Bucharest metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Bucharest metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025) (US$)
Table 5: Bucharest metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25)(% of total)
Table 6: Bucharest - main universities, 2017
Table 7: Bucharest metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25) (million)
Table 8: Bucharest metropolitan area - population by age (2000-25) (Millions)
Table 9: Bucharest Metropolitan Area - Mass Transit Network Indicators, 2016
Table 10: Bucharest: Henri Coanda International Airport -Airport key indicators (million)
Table 11: Bucharest city - Office Rents, Q2 2017
Table 12: Bucharest metropolitan area- total tourist arrivals
Table 13: Bucharest metropolitan area - total accommodation
Table 14: Bucharest metropolitan area- overnight tourists in bucharest municipality (YTD)
Table 15: Bucharest city - MICE and other events
Table 16: Bucharest metropolitan area - existing dwellings stock by ownership in the urban areas
List of Figures
Figure 1: Bucharest metropolitan area- real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Bucharest metropolitan area- economic growth comparison (index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Bucharest metropolitan area- GDP per capita comparison (2000-25)
Figure 4: Bucharest metropolitan area - employment structure (2000-25)(% of total)
Figure 5: Bucharest metropolitan area - population comparison (2000-25) (million)
Figure 6: Bucharest metropolitan area - population by age (% of total)