Auckland is the most populous city in New Zealand accommodating about 32% of the total country’s population. The strong performance of service sector, improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth over the next decade.
“City Profile - Auckland” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Auckland. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Auckland is a key tourist destination in the country for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth.
- Construction industry in the metropolitan area is expected to grow in line with increasing construction permits issued and building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Auckland city - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Auckland city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Auckland city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Auckland city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Auckland city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Auckland city - Main Universities, 2017
Table 7: Auckland city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Auckland city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Auckland city - key airport indicators
Table 10: Auckland city - Office Rents, Q3 2017
Table 11: Auckland city - international arrivals by country of residence
Table 12: Auckland city - hotel key performance indicators
Table 13: Auckland city - MICE and Other Events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Auckland city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Auckland city - economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Auckland city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Auckland city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Auckland city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Auckland city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)