Advances in Biomembranes and Lipid Self-Assembly, Volume 28, formerly titled Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes, provides a global platform for the study of cell membranes, lipid model membranes, and lipid self-assemblies, from the micro- to the nanoscale. Planar lipid bilayers are widely studied due to their ubiquity in nature. This book presents research on their application in the formulation of biomimetic model membranes, and in the design of artificial dispersion of liposomes. Moreover, the book discusses how lipids self-assemble into a wide range of other structures, including micelles and the liquid crystalline hexagonal and cubic phases.
Chapters in this volume present both original research and comprehensive reviews written by world leading experts and young researchers.
- Surveys recent theoretical and experimental results on lipid micro- and nanostructures
- Presents potential uses applications, such as clinically relevant diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, biotechnology, pharmaceutical engineering and food products
- Includes both original research and comprehensive reviews written by world leading experts and young researchers
- Provides a global platform for a broad community of experimental and theoretical researchers studying cell membranes, lipid model membranes, and lipid self-assemblies, from the micro- to the nanoscale
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
Bianca Esch and Florian Fröhlich
- Biophysical Analysis of Sec-Mediated Protein Translocation in Nanodiscs
Sabrina Koch, Arnold J.M. Driessen and Alexej Kedrov
- Molecular Origin of Spatiotemporal Heterogeneity in Bio-membranes with Co-existing Liquid Phases: Insights from Topological Rearrangements and Lipid Packing Defects
Madhusmita Tripathy, Sahithya S. Iyer and Anand Srivastava
- The Importance of Antibacterial Surfaces for Biomedical Applications
Metka Bencina, Tina Mavric, Ita Junkar, Aleksander Bajt, Aleksandra Krajnovic, Katja Lakota, Polona Zigon, Snezna Sodin-Semrl, Veronika Kralj-Iglic and Ales Iglic
- Advances in the Visualisation of Molecular Assemblies Within Cellular Signalling Nanodomains: Insights from a Decade of Mapping of Ryanodine Receptor Clusters
Isuru Jayasinghe, Alexander H. Clowsley and Christian Soeller