Following the success of the previous three editions, Physical Management for Neurological Conditions 4th edition remains the most up-to-date evidence-based textbook for undergraduate students and qualified health professionals.
Written by an international team of clinicians and researchers, it is applicable to a number of healthcare systems, with a special focus on physiotherapy. New chapters have been added to cover both common and rare conditions, such as hereditary disorders, functional motor disorders, and neuromuscular diseases.
Together with the Pocketbook of Neurological Physiotherapy, it covers all essential components and conditions.
1. Guiding principles of neurorehabilitation
2. Common impairments and the impact on activity
3. Observation and analysis of movement
4. Measurement tools
5. Goal setting in stroke rehabilitation
6. Respiratory management
8. Traumatic brain injury
9. Spinal cord injury
10. Multiple sclerosis
12. Inherited neurological conditions (HD, SCA, HSP)
13. Motor neuron disease
15. Muscle disease
16. Functional motor disorders
18. Virtual rehabilitation: Virtual reality and interactive gaming technologies in neurorehabilitation
19. Falls and their management
20. Physical activity and exercise
21. Vestibular rehabilitation
22. Pain management
23. Clinical neuropsychology in rehabilitation
24. Complex case management
Verheyden, Geert Assistant Professor - Research Group for Neuromotor Rehabilitation, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven (Heverlee), Belgium; Visiting Research Fellow, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK; Editor-in-Chief, Physiotherapy Research International.
Ramdharry, Gita Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, Kingston University and St George's, University of London, London, UK.