"Home Retailing in China, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to China retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing China Home industry.
The home sector registered sales of C¥2,440 bn in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR Of 12.9% during 2016-2021 to reach C¥4,479.6 billion. An improving housing market (particularly in small cities) and growing demand for furnishings and product upgrades are fueling the growth of home products. Home improvement & gardening supplies specialists and home furniture & floor coverings specialists lead the sector with 56.2% share in sales in 2016. However, they are expected to cede ground to the online channel, which is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 27.0% during 2016-2021. International players dominate sector, however, market share remains low as top 10 players together account for 3.5% in 2016. JD.Com leads the market with 0.87% share followed by Alibaba (0.80%) and IKEA(0.58%).
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Home category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Home sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Home sector
- Chinese retail market depicts strong growth
- Home is the fastest-growing sector in the Chinese retail industry
- Increasing popularity for online channels
- A fragmented market landscape
- Home improvement and gardening retailers remain the preferred channel
- Local players Castorama and IKEA lead with 23.3% share in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home sector in the Chinese retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in home category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home market