"Food & Grocery Retailing in China, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to China retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing China food and grocery retail industry.
The food & grocery sector achieved sales of C¥13,784 billion in 2016, accounting for 58.1% share of the country’s total retail sales, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during 2016-2021 to reach C¥23,220.9 billion by 2021. With rising income and changing lifestyles, consumers are seeking convenience stores and online retailing when shopping for groceries in order to save time. This trend has benefited convenience stores, which have registered strong growth. Moreover, the recent food scandals are driving consumers towards quality food products. The sector is highly fragmented with the top 10 retailers accounting for 2% in 2016. Walmart Supercenter is the leading retailer, followed by Unimart and Easy Joy.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Chinese retail market depicts strong growth
- Food & grocery is the largest retail sector in China
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters take share
- Major retailers adopting omni-channel strategies
- A highly fragmented landscape with the top 10 accounting for only 2.5% in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the China retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in China retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery