"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to China retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing China clothing and footwear industry.
The Chinese clothing & footwear sector achieved sales of C¥2,018.1 billion in 2016, accounting for 8.5% share of the country’s total retail sales. The sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2016-2021, to reach sales of C¥3,429.5 billion by 2021. Online is the fastest-growing channel and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 24.2% during 2016-2021. Although china faced hefty criticism around the grey market layouts across the country, the increasing middle class income and brand awareness among youngsters helps to drive sales. The sector is largely fragmented with the top 10 brands accounting for as little as 10.5% in 2016. Belle is the leading brand with a share of 2.2% in 2016, followed by Vip.com and Alibaba with shares of 1.3% and 1.2% respectively.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Chinese retail market depicts strong growth
- Clothing & footwear to witness strong growth during 2016-2021
- Specialist stores are losing share to online players
- Retailers partnering with Wechat to boost their brand appeal
- Fragmented market with opportunities for new players
- Womenswear accounts for more than 50% share in the overall clothing sector
- The footwear sector grew by 68% during 2011-2016
- Relaxation of one-child-policy pushed sales in children’s footwear
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the China retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.