"Food & Grocery Retailing in Mexico, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Mexico retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Mexico food and grocery retail industry.
Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 60.4% of the total Mexican retail market in 2016. As consumers are seeking convenience when shopping for food and grocery products, convenience stores are gaining popularity and remain as the dominant channel. Growing concerns over obesity has increased demand for healthy foods. Conversely, the consumption of organic foods is slowly gaining popularity. Despite a smaller share, online is forecast to register healthy growth with major retailers in this sector making significant investments in online platforms. The top 10 retailers in the sector accounted for a share of 19.3% in 2016, led by Bodega Aurrera with a share of 5.9% in 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Domestic consumption is the key driver for retail growth
- Mexico will continue to be an attractive destination for retailers
- Food & grocery remains as the largest sector in terms of sales value
- Online to register fastest growth rate during 2016-2021
- Despite economic uncertainty, grocery retailers are investing heavily
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Mexico retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Mexico retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.