"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Indonesia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Indonesia clothing and footwear industry.
Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector in the Indonesian retail industry and accounted for 12% of sales in 2016. The sector registered Rp465.3 trillion in sales in 2016; clothing was the largest category, generating 85.2% of total sector sales. The growth is largely attributed to the growing middle class and increasing household consumption. Furthermore, festive seasons such as Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr push sales in the sector periodically. Sales are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% during 2016-2021, reaching Rp880.2 trillion by 2021. A stable economy, improved purchasing power, and muted inflation are expected to push growth during 2016-2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- The clothing & footwear market is set to see fastest growth over the five years to 2021 with a CAGR of 13.6%
- Growing per capita spending will drive sales during 2016-2021
- Online retail registers the fastest growth
- Mass market brands are driving sales with low price strategies
- Womenswear dominates sector sales and accounts for 52.2% of the market in 2016
- Menswear to register the highest CAGR across all categories until 2021
- The large under 15 population will drive the market in the long term
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Indonesia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
The State of the nation
The State of retail
Clothing & footwear