"Food & Grocery Retailing in Bulgaria, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Bulgaria retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Bulgaria food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Bulgarian retail industry and accounted for 51.3% of total retail sales in 2016. In 2016, sector sales stood at Lv14.2 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2016-2021 to reach Lv17.1 billion by 2021. Economic recovery and increased household income encouraged private spending, leading sector sales to grow. Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters is the largest channel in terms of sales, followed by convenience stores and specialist stores. Weak purchasing power led Bulgarians to look for discounts and value deals, resulting in improved sales of hard discounters. The sector is dominated by local retailers; however, the top three retailers are international players.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Growing e-commerce is driving sales in the Bulgarian retail industry
- Food & grocery sector on a steady growth path
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters lead the market
- The sector is dominated by local retailers
- Top 10 retailers accounted for 35% of total sector sales in 2016
- Most of the top players operate in Mass middle range
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Bulgarian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Bulgaria retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of ContentsKey Findings
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes: