"Food & Grocery Retailing in Brazil, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Brazil retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Brazil food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in terms of value in Brazil and accounted for more than half of overall retail sales (53.1%) in 2016. The deceleration of GDP growth, high levels of inflation, and dwindling household wealth have led to a shift in buying patterns with consumers preferring value options such as private labels, which offer value and quality. Convenience stores dominated sales and accounted for 47.7% of overall sector sales in 2016. Sales through the online channel are still in a nascent phase and accounted for a marginal share of 0.2% in 2016. The Brazilian food & grocery market is characterized by the dominance of local players, with nine of the top 10 retailers having local presence.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Despite economic recession, retail sales are estimated to increase
- Population growth and inflation drive sector sales
- Convenience stores and hypermarkets dominate the sector sales
- Local players dominate sector sales in a fragmented market
- Carrefour is the largest retailer in the sector with a share of 2.4% in 2016
- Eight of the top 10 retailers fall into the mass segment
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Brazilian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Brazil retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.