"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the US, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to US retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing US clothing and footwear industry.
There is slower growth than over the previous five years as retailers in the sector face increasing competition from new international entrants to the market both physical and online. This combined with a maturity of the sector and over supply has led to constant discounting and retail failures. It is a very fragmented sector with Macy’s, the leading operator, holding just 4.6% of the market. Value led and price driven retailers such as Marshalls and Ross’ Dress for Less are taking prime positions in the market.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Clothing & footwear sales in the US are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2016-2021
- Overall specialists and department stores are losing out to online and the supermarkets
- Online channel is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% during 2016-2021, from US$71.8 billion in 2016 to US$117 billion by 2021
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the US retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.