"Food & Grocery Retailing in Italy, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Italy retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Italy food and grocery retail industry.
Consumers in Italy are actively engaged with online retailing and this channel is outperforming all others. Its share of total retail spending will grow from 2.6% in 2016 to 5.8% by 2021. Italian shoppers prefer fresh food and also look for better value for money when purchasing food and grocery items. There is greater acceptance of private labels in the country and all the major retailers in the sector have their own private label brands. Consumers are seeking convenience when shopping for groceries and this trend has benefited convenience stores, which have registered strong growth. Similarly, price-conscious consumers are relying on hard discounters for food and grocery needs.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Food & Grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 52.3% of the total Italian retail industry in 2016
- Food & Grocery market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.2% between 2016 and 2021 to reach EUR206.4 billion by 2021
- Online retailing of food and groceries is still at a nascent stage
- The food and grocery sector is also dominated by mass market retailers
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Italy retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Italy retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.