"Food & Grocery Retailing in India, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to India retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing India food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector with 61% of overall retail sales share in 2016. The sector is expected to produce a healthy growth rate during 2016-2021 mainly driven by a growing affluent middle class and improving living standards. The sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 12.0%,to reach an estimated value of ?50,226 billion by 2021. Rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes, and rising concerns about food safety are a few demand driving factors. Online grocery is a growing market in India as a result of urbanization, busier consumer lifestyles, and increasing investments being made by startup companies that are aiming to target convenience-seeking Indian consumers.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Positive macro-economic factors to stimulate higher consumption
- Food & grocery continues to be largest sector in value terms
- Online grocery sales on a rise but conventional stores continue to dominate
- Hypermarkets permeate into tier II and tier III cities
- A highly fragmented landscape
- All leading players operate in the value and mass market range
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Indian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in India retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & grocery