"Food & Grocery Retailing in Netherlands, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Netherlands retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Netherlands food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery retail sales accounted for the highest share at 46.4% of the total Dutch retail industry in 2016. Sector sales are forecast to grow at 2.3% CAGR between 2016 and 2021 to reach €60.1 billion by 2021. Growing demand for sustainable products, private labels, and ready-to-eat meals are driving the growth in the sector. Dutch food & grocery retail is driven by hypermarkets & supermarkets, with 62.5% of the total sector sales in 2016, while 21.7% came from convenience stores. Online retail sales remained low in terms of sales volume; however, they are expected to double in the forecast period. The sector is dominated by Albert Heijn and Jumbo, which accounted for shares of 21% and 12.6%, respectively, in 2016. Lidl, Aldi, and Plus are the other leading players.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Economic recovery and improving employment boost sales in retail industry
- Food & grocery sales will grow steady during the forecast period
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the largest channel
- Fresh food fondness by Dutch consumers reassures grocery retail sale
- Albert Heijn and Jumbo dominate with a collective share of more than 30%
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in Netherlands retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Netherlands retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.