"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Netherlands, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Netherlands retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Netherlands clothing and footwear industry.
Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector, accounting for 13% of total retail industry sales in 2016. Sector sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2016-2021 to reach €16.4 billion by 2021. According to Central Bureau of Statistics, economic recovery improved consumer spending, which encouraged sales in the clothing & footwear sector. However, sales growth remained slow as a result of the previous economic crisis, which led Dutch consumers becoming price sensitive. While specialist stores’ sales declined, online retail sales surged. During 2011-2016, online sales of clothing & footwear grew at a CAGR of 19.2%, a threefold increase. A wide range of products at value pricing remained the key factor behind the online growth.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Economic recovery and improving employment boost sales in retail industry
- Clothing & footwear sales improve as economy recovers, but growth remains slow
- Specialist stores losing sales share to online retail
- Sector is dominated by international players
- H&M leads the market, supported by a growing store network and surging online sales
- All the top 10 retailers fall in the value and mass market segments
- Footwear sales improve, although growth remains moderate
- Men’s footwear sales yet to reach pre-crisis levels
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in Netherlands retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.