"Home Retailing in the UK, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to UK retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing UK Home industry.
The home sector was valued at £36.9 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach £39.5 billion by 2021 with a CAGR of 1.4% during 2016-2021. The housing market drives growth and with consumer confidence low and prices unaffordable for first time buyers the market is slower than retailers would like. Replacement and home improvement will drive growth in the meantime. As retailers in the sector expand their online capabilities and ranges this channel is forecast to take 16.8% share of spending by 2021. B&Q is the top player in the home related sector with market share of 9.3%, but is losing share as it reconfigures space. On the other hand IKEA (5.2%) is growing share as it opens new stores and attracts new customers including with its online offer.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Home category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Home sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Home sector
- Stronger growth forecast, but inflation a key factor
- Home sector growth starts to improve in the latter years of 2016-2021
- Online retail sales is expected to increase rapidly
- IKEA taking share
- Nine of the top ten retailers fall in the value and mass market segments
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home sector in the UK retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in home category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home market