"Food & Grocery Retailing in the UK, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to UK retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing UK food and grocery retail industry.
The food & grocery sector is forecast to reach value sales of £165.9 billion by 2021 growing at CAGR3.4% during 2016-2021. While there will be an increase in the population the main driver of this growth is price inflation caused by higher import costs due to the weaker currency exchange rate. The convenience channel is taking greater share as consumers shop locally more frequently. While the online channel will produce the strongest growth over the forecast period, with growth of CAGR8.0%, it will still only account for a 9.2% share of the sector spend in 2021. The food & grocery sector in the UK is consolidated with the top three retailers accounting for 45.4% share in 2016. Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda lead the market, but the discounters Aldi and Lidl are challenging the incumbents.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Stronger growth forecast, but inflation a key factor
- Growth to double as inflation hits import prices
- Convenience shopping taking share
- Food & grocery sector consolidated but under threat from new entrants
- The sector is consolidated with the top ten players accounting for 76.2% share in 2016
- Mass middle players dominate the sector
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the UK retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in UK retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.