"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the UK, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to UK retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing UK clothing and footwear industry.
The clothing & footwear sector is forecast to reach £61.8 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2016-2021. Inflation will be a factor driving growth as retailers pass on the rising input prices caused by the weakening pound. Menswear is a bright spot for growth as more men become interested in fashion and their appearance. Apparel specialists have the highest value share of 57.8% in 2016, but will lose share of spend. On the other hand online will register a CAGR of 10.8% to reach £20.1bn by 2021 and penetration of 32.4%, taking a third of the market. The sector is highly competitive and mass middle market retailers that traditionally led the market, such as M&S, Next and the Arcadia Group, have seen market shares being whittled away by new competitors as the sector polarizes.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Stronger growth forecast, but inflation a key factor
- Clothing & footwear to grow at an improved rate during 2016-2021
- Online to account for one in every three pounds spent in the sector by 2021
- Traditional mid market leaders being challenged
- Top ten retailers accounted for a share of 40.2% in 2016
- All top 10 retailers fall in the value and mass market segments
- Menswear outperforms overall clothing sector growth
- Footwear sales to register consistent recovery in growth
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the UK retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
The state of the nation
The state of retail
Clothing & footwear