"Retailing in Sweden, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Sweden retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Sweden retail industry.
Favorable economic factors has resulted in a favorable environment for the retail industry in the country. Low inflation, declining unemployment, rising disposable income, and shift from saving to spending have all contributed to the economic prosperity of Swedish consumers, thereby driving the growth in retail sales. In addition the population is growing. Sales reached SEK753bm in 2016, having registered a CAGR of 3.2% during the 2011-2016 period. Against a favorable backdrop and greater access to retail as retailers expand their presence in the country sales are expected to reach SEK903bn by 2021, registering a CAGR of 3.7% during 2016-2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Retail sales in Sweden reached SEK753bm in 2016, having registered a CAGR of 3.2% during the 2011-2016 period.
- The Swedish retail industry is characterized by the presence of domestic and international retailers.
- H&M dominates the clothing & footwear sector with 10.9% share, well ahead of number two Stadum on 4.1%.
- Clothing is the largest category, having accounted for 84.4% of the sector sales.
- Food & Grocery sector is expected to register a CAGR of 3.8% during 2016-2021, to reach SEK448bn by 2021 from SEK371 billion in 2016.
- The food & grocery sector in Sweden is dominated by local players.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Sweden retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Sweden retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.