"Retailing in Russia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Russian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Russia retail industry.
Weak purchasing power impacted the retail industry and sales declined from 9.6% in 2013 to 3.1% in 2016. Russian retail sales were estimated at RUB24,560.8 billion in 2016, and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2016-2021 to reach RUB30,254.9 billion by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Russia is one of the largest economies in the world.
- Russian retail sales were estimated at RUB24,560.8 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2016-2021 to reach RUB30,254.9 billion by 2021.
- The fastest growing channel is online, which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 16.4%, and sales will double from RUB650.5 billion in 2016 to RUB1,389.1 billion in 2021.
- The clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Russian retail industry and contributed 13.2% to total retail sales in 2016.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Russian retail industry, accounting for 56.7% of the total retail sales.
- In 2016, overall home sector sales were estimated at RUB2,458.3 and are projected to increase to RUB2,938.1 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 3.6%.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Russia retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Russian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The state of the nation
The state of retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty