"Retailing in Colombia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Colombian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Colombia retail industry.
The slowdown of Colombian GDP growth and the devaluation of the Peso resulted in subdued growth of retail sales, which registered a growth rate of 3.6% in 2016 compared to 4.5% in 2014. The increase in food inflation began in mid-2014 and the government's tax reforms increased VAT from 16% to 19% in 2016, resulting in weak consumer sentiment.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Colombian Retail market is expected to grow COP 266,215 bn in 2021 with a CAGR of 4.1%.
- Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector and accounted for 14% of retail sales in 2016 .
- The hypermarkets, supermarkets, and hard discounters channel is the fastest growing channel and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2016-2021.
- Electricals sector will grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2016-2021, to reach sales of COP14,633 billion by 2021.
- Online sales reached COP2,084 bn and accounted for 1% of total Colombian retail sales in 2016
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Colombia retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Colombia retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty