"Retailing in Chile, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Chile retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Chile retail industry.
Chile retail sales are expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% during 2016-2021 to reach CLP$56,142.6bn by 2021.Chilean customers, especially the working population, are adopting the hypermarket and supermarket models thereby driving the sales through the channel. Sales through the online channel have registered robust growth over the past few years.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Chile is one of the most stable economies in Latin American.
- The retail sales in Chile are expected to register a CAGR of 5.5% during 2016-2021 to reach CLP$56,142.6bn by 2021
- Clothing & footwear sales stood at CLP$6,509.6bn in 2016 and are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% during 2016-2021, reaching CLP$9,586.4bn by 2021.
- Food & grocery sector will register a CAGR of 4.8% during 2016-2021 to reach CLP$27,971.2bn by 2021 from CLP$22,132.4bn in 2016.
- Walmart, has a strong presence in the country’s food & grocery sector through its brands Lider Hiper, Lider Express and Superbodega Acuenta.
- Electricals is the most highly penetrated sector the by the online channel an estimated 10.9% of overall sales.
- Sales in the Health & beauty sector will register a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period to reach CLP$4,769.3bn by 2021 from CLP$3,680.9bn in 2016.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Chile retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Chile retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty