"Retailing in Bulgaria, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Bulgaria retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Bulgaria retail industry.
Retail sales have been recovering since 2014, supported by a moderately recovering economy and positive labor dynamics. In 2016, retail sales stood at Lv27.7 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2016-2021 to reach Lv33.7 billion by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- In 2016, retail sales stood at Lv27.7 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2016-2021 to reach Lv33.7 billion by 2021.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in terms of value, having accounted for 51.3% of overall retail sales in 2016.
- Electricals is the fastest-growing sector and sales will register a healthy CAGR of 5.7% during 2016-2021 to reach Lv4 billion by 2021.
- Clothing & footwear sales stood at Lv2 billion in 2016 and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2016-2021 to reach Lv2.4 billion by 2021.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Bulgarian retail industry and accounted for 51.3% of total retail sales in 2016.
- The Bulgarian electricals sector is dominated by international retailers operating in the mass market segment.
- The Bulgarian home sector is characterized by the presence of both domestic and international retailers operating in the mass market segment.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Bulgarian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Bulgaria retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty