"Retailing in Hungary, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Hungary retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Hungary retail industry.
Hungarian retail industry registered steady growth over the past five years and the sales reached HUF8,165.9bn in 2016. GDP growth, rising exports, declining unemployment, rising wages and consecutive rise in disposable income are among the major factors driving growth of retail sales. Buoyed by these favourable factors, retail sales in the country are projected to register a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period 2016-2021 to reach HUF10,114.9bn by 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- The retail sales in the country are projected to register a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period 2016-2021, to reach HUF 10,114.9bn by 2021.
- Clothing & footwear sector sales stood at HUF 617.3bn in 2016 and are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8% during 2016-2021.
- Prominent retailers in clothing & footwear include H&M, Deichmann, Casual Friday, Zara, and C&A.
- The top four players, including Tesco, Spar, Coop Hungary, and CBA, together held more than half (50.5%) of overall Food & Grocery sector sales in 2016.
- Electricals sector in Hungary have registered robust growth over the past five years, to reach HUF 560.3bn in 2016.
- Home sector is consolidated, with the top 10 retailers commanding a 65.6% share in 2016
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Hungary retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Hungary retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty