"Retailing in Spain, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Spain retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Spain retail industry.
The Eurozone crisis and low employment rate in Spain are the causes of the decline in retail sales during 2011-2016. However, the country’s new economic reforms are focused on reducing the income tax rates for both individuals and corporations, and improving the existing labor market. Reviving market conditions will lead to increased retail consumer spending. The overall retail market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% from €213.4 billion in 2016 to €238.4 billion in 2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- The overall Spain retail market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% from €213.4 billion in 2016 to €238.4 billion in 2021.
- The Spanish Clothing & Footwear sector achieved sales of €27.1 billion in 2016, accounting for 12.7% share of the country’s total retail sales.
- Food & Grocery is the largest sector by value in the country.
- The Electricals sector in Spain registered sales of €13.4 billion in 2016 and is set to grow at a CAGR of 2.6% during 2016-2021 to reach €15.3 billion by 2021.
- Luggage and leathers goods will grow at a modest CAGR of 0.2% over the forecast period.
- The online channel is emerging as an increasingly dominant channel in the sector, registering sales of €2.5 billion in 2016, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.6% during 2016-2021.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Spain retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Spain retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty