"Retailing in Mexico, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Mexican retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Mexico retail industry.
Retail sales in the country have registered healthy growth during 2011-2016. Growth in the sector is driven by domestic consumption. The retail sector in the country has reached Mex$5,066.6 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% over the next five years to reach Mex$6,626.9 billion by 2021. Expanding middle class and a growing urban population will continue to drive growth.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- The retail sector in the country has reached Mex$5,066.6 billion in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% over the next five years to reach Mex$6,626.9 billion by 2021.
- The online channel is outperforming all other retail sectors, and remains the fastest growing channel.
- The clothing and footwear sector in the country has grown at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2011-2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% over the next five years to reach Mex$5,71.5 billion by 2021.
- Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 60.4% of the total Mexican retail market in 2016.
- The top 10 retailers in the Clothing & footwear accounted for a share of 23.3% in 2016, led by Liverpool with a share of 7.0% in 2016.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Mexico retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Mexican retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty