"Online Retailing in France, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to France retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing France retail industry.
Online retail in France is one of the fastest growing channels, though online retail penetration is low compared to UK and Germany. The online sales registered robust growth during 2011-2016 due to increasing consumers’ confidence in ecommerce.Currently, it accounts for 7.2% of total retail , but with a CAGR of 10.9% during 2016-2021, the share will expand to 10.7% by 2021. Online retail penetration is forecast to exceed 20% in electricals (31.3%) and clothing and footwear (22.8%) categories.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- French online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% during 2016-2021
- Domestic online pure plays challenge international retailers
- Online sales will be almost triple during 2016-2021
- Electricals online sales will dominate other sectors during forecast period
- Amazon holds highest share, but the market is dominated by French retailers
- Clothing and footwear is the second most preferred products purchased online
- Domestic retailers lead the online food and grocery market
- Online penetration in electricals is the highest across all sectors
- Cosmetics sales drive the online growth of the sector
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in France retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in France retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Drivers and inhibitors
Online retail in France
Apparel & accessories
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty
- Leroy Merlin
- Rue du Commerce
- Carrefour Market
- La Redoute
- Galeries Lafayette