"Online Retailing in the US, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to US retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing US retail industry.
Major factors driving adoption of the online channel include convenience, easy access to the internet, increasing penetration of smartphones, wider product assortment, and competitive prices. The US is one of the most mature online markets and growth is slowing, but it is still the main driver of retail growth and will continue to outperform total retail by generating 8.6% growth in 2016-2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- The US online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% during 2016-2021
- Millennials are driving online sales
- Online sales share will grow from 7.1% in 2016 to 13.0% in 2021
- Clothing & footwear and electricals to register the fastest growth between 2016-2021
- Amazon is the leading online pureplay retailer with 30.2% market share
- Clothing & accessories to grow steeply between 2016 and 2021
- Sales online will account for 42.6% of electricals sales in 2021
- Retailers adopting various innovative strategies to promote their brands in health and beauty sector
- Innovative online furniture retailers set to boost sector sales
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in the US retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the US retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Drivers and inhibitors
Online retail in the US
Clothing & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty
- Amazon.com Inc
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc
- Apple Inc
- Macy’s Inc
- The Home Depot Inc.
- Best Buy Co Inc
- Liberty Interactive Corp
- Target Corporation
- Wayfair Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Office Depot Inc
- Kohl's Corp
- Nordstrom Inc
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Bluestem Brands Inc
- Lowe's Companies Inc.
- Publix Super Markets Inc
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc
- Costco Wholesale Corp
- JC Penney Co Inc