"Online Retailing in China, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to China retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing chinese retail industry.
Online retailing in China will record a CAGR of 23.6% during 2016-2021 and increase from C¥1,430 billion in 2016 to C¥4,118.9 billion in 2021, driven by convenience and the perceived higher value through shopping online. Food & grocery will record strong growth with consumers relying on retailers’ web-based applications for both planned and periodic purchases.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Chinese online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 10.2% during 2016-2021
- Festive seasons and special discount days to drive sales
- Online sales will be almost triple during 2011-2021
- Wider product assortment and competitive pricing drive online sales
- Online growth rate of clothing & accessories slows, while penetration increases
- Online food & grocery sales to increase by four times between 2016 and 2021
- Online penetration in electricals is the highest across all sectors
- Cosmetics is the largest category and drives growth
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in China retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in China retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Drivers and Inhibitors
Online Retail in China
Clothing & Accessories
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty