"Online Retailing in Australia, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Australian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Australian retail industry.
Online retail sales in Australia reached A$18.0 billion in 2016, and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% during 2016-2021. The use of smartphones and tablets is also increasing at a fast pace, and in 2016, the tablet and internet penetration rates reached 85.1% of the total population. According to a new report by PayPal Mcommerce Index, 70% of mobile users already make payments via mobile. The increased adoption rate of smart devices, together with increased internet use, will fuel online sales.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Australian online retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 10.7% during 2016-2021
- M-commerce and social commerce driving online retailing
- Online retail in Australia to boosted by global players
- Electricals and clothing & footwear taking largest share of online sales
- Clothing and footwear will be the largest and the fastest-growing online market
- Multi channel retailers taking highest share of online sales
- Domestic players dominate online wine market
- Amazon’s entry threatens market share of domestic multi-channel and online retailers
- Popularity of skincare will boost sales of beauty products online
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Australian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Australian retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Drivers and inhibitors
Online retail in Australia
Apparel & accessories
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty