"Home Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Japan retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Japan Home industry.
Japan is the third-largest economy in the world, with a population of 126 million as of 2016. The retail market is estimated to reach J¥ 114.8 trillion by 2021, rising at a CAGR of 1.5% during 2016-2021. Growth in the retail sector is driven by increased domestic demand. This has attracted many international retailers, which has created fiercer competition with local players. An improving housing market and rising demand for multifunctional, affordable furniture are expected to fuel the growth of home products. The ever changing lifestyles of millennials and initiatives taken by online retailers will further strengthen the demand for home sector products.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Home category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Home sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Home sector
- The home sector in Japan registered sales of J¥ 11.7 trillion in 2016, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% over the next five years
- Online is the fastest-growing channel for home product sales, and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.0% between 2016 and 2021
- Nitori and Cainz Home are the leading retailers in the home sector, each with shares of 3.6%, followed by Kohnan Shoji, with a market share of 2.7% in 2016
- Home improvement and garden supplies specialists dominate the market
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on home sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in home category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the home market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the home market