"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Japan, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Japan retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Japan clothing and footwear industry.
Growth in the retail sector is driven by increased domestic demand. This has attracted many international retailers, which has created fiercer competition with local players. The online channel is outperforming all other channels, and its share of total retail spending will increase from 5% in 2016 to 7.5% by 2021. Brick and mortar fashion retailers in Japan are seeing their revenues fall as more consumers move to online purchases. Consequently, many clothing & footwear retailers in the country are closing their physical stores in order to focus on online sales.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Clothing & footwear sales in the country are expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.2% over the next five years.
- The sales value of online fashion retailing is forecast to increase at a CAGR of 12.4% over the next five years, and will reach J¥ 2.5 trillion by 2021
- With a market share of 7.1%, Uniqlo leads the sector, followed by Shimamura and Daimaru, with shares of 4% and 3.4%, respectively
- Clothing & footwear specialists hold a major share in the market
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Japan retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.