"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Canada, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Canada retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Canada clothing and footwear industry.
The Canadian clothing & footwear sector registered sales of C$38.5 billion in 2016, accounting for a 11.2% share of the country’s total retail sales. The sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2016-2021 to reach sales of C$46.3 billion by 2021. Clothing, footwear, and accessories specialists is the largest channel, accounting for 60.4% share of total sales in 2016. But online is the fastest growing channel at a CAGR of 20% during 2016-2021. The clothing & footwear sector is moderately consolidated with the top 10 retailers accounting for a share of 29.5% in 2016. Winners is the leading retailer with a 7.5% market share in 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- A strong economic outlook will encourage more consumer spending
- Clothing & footwear is the fastest growing sector in the Canadian retail industry
- Online sales will gain share during 2016-2021
- Winners was the dominant clothing retailer in 2016
- Womenswear to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2016-2021
- Footwear sales to register a CAGR of 4.3% during 2016-2021
- The top 10 retailers accounted for 29.5% of overall sales in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Canadian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.