"Food & Grocery Retailing in Finland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Finland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Finland food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Finnish retail industry and accounted for 47.7% of the market in 2016. Sector sales stood at €20.7 billion in 2016 and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.6% during 2016-2021 to reach €22.3 billion by 2021. Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters is the largest channel in terms of value sales and accounted for 58.2% of total market in 2016. Sales through the channel have been growing as retailers, such as Kesko and Lidl, are opening new stores to corner the market. The sector is highly consolidated as the top three retailers accounted for 53.2% in 2016. Kesko leads the sector with a 25.9% market share, followed by S-market(16%) and Prisma(11.3%).
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Retail sales set to grow moderately in the forecast period
- Food & grocery sales declined due to the weak economy and deflation
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters lead the market
- Local players operating in the value segment drive sales
- Nine of the top 10 players operate in the value segment
- Finland food & grocery market is heavily consolidated
- Most of the top 10 players operate in the mass middle range
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in Finland retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Finland retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.