"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Finland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Finland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Finland clothing and footwear industry.
Clothing & footwear is the third largest sector in Finnish retail and accounted for 10.8% sales in 2016. Sector sales stood at €4.7 billion in 2016; the largest category was clothing which generated 83% of total sector sales. A weak economy and reduced purchasing power gradually subdued sales between 2013 and 2015 as it discouraged consumer spending. However, sales are projected to grow at a CAGR 0.9% during 2016-2021 on the back of economic recovery and stable inflation. Value and mass market brands, such as H&M, Prisma and Sokos, witnessed growth due to their low price strategy. Finnish consumers’ weak purchasing power changed their preference from premium products to more added-value deals.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Retail sales set to grow moderately in the forecast period
- Economic recovery and stable inflation will encourage modest sales growth
- Online retail will grow swiftly through 2021
- Value brands are driving sales in the sector
- The market is partly consolidated with the top 10 accounting for 35.8% in 2016
- Gina Tricot grew the fastest at 4.2% 2015-16
- Footwear growth will remain sluggish during 2016-2021
- Children’s footwear will grow at a CAGR of 0.7% in the forecast period
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in Finland retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear