"Food & Grocery Retailing in Portugal, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Portugal retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Portugal food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Portuguese retail industry and accounted for 57% of total retail sales in 2016. Sector sales stood at €26.6 billion in 2016 and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.0% during 2016-2021 to reach €29.4 billion by 2021. Hypermarkets, supermarkets and harddiscounters remained the largest channel as slow economic growth and weak purchasing power encouraged Portuguese consumers to look for private label brands and value deals, which resulted in high sales in the channel. Continente is leading the sector with 10.1% market share, followed by Intermarché (6.2%) and Lidl (4%).
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Economic recovery is projected to boost retail spending during 2016-2021
- Food & grocery growth aided by inflation and population growth
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters leads the sector
- Foreign entrants making inroads into the sector
- The top 10 retailers accounted for 31.7% share in 2016
- Most of the top 10 players operate in the mass middle range
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Portugal retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Portugal retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.