"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Portugal, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Portugal retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Portugal clothing and footwear industry.
Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector in the Portuguese retail industry, accounting for 14% in 2016. Sector sales stood at €6.5 billion in 2016; clothing was the largest category and generated 73.8% of total sector sales. Sales are projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% during 2016-2021, supported by economic growth, growing e-commerce, and rising tourism in the country. Specialists is the biggest channel in the sector with 72.6% sales share in 2016, while online is the fastest-growing channel and is projected to become the second largest channel by 2021. The sector is dominated by international retailers operating in the mass market segment. Zara, a Spanish brand, was the market leader in 2016 with 11.3% market share, followed by MO (3.9%) and Continente (2.6%).
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Economic recovery is projected to boost retail spending during 2016-2021
- The sector is projected to grow moderately during the forecast period
- Online retail to grow swiftly to become the second largest channel by 2021
- Mass market brands are driving sales in the sector with low price strategies
- International players challenge local brands with a wide variety and value pricing
- Zara to produce the fastest growth, supported by growing stores and online sales
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Portugal retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.