"Food & Grocery Retailing in the Philippines, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Philippines retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Philippines food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the retail industry in the Philippines. The sector grew at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2011-2016 and was valued at ?4,134.2 billion in 2016. The sector is mainly driven by factors such as economic activity, increased consumer spending, rising middle class population, and a growing number of hypermarkets and supermarkets. Convenience stores is the leading distribution channel within the food & grocery sector in the Philippines. It held a market share of 38% in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% during 2016-2021. Online retail is estimated to witness the fastest growth rate at a CAGR of 14.9% during 2016- 2021, due to increased smartphone penetration and the growing popularity of e-commerce among younger consumers.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Growing economy presents opportunities for the retail sector
- Positive economic growth drives sector sales
- Online channel to gain momentum over the next five years
- Retailers ramp up their investments to capitalize on growth potential
- Puregold Price Club and Robinsons are the leading players in the sector
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Philippines retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Philippines retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery