"Food & Grocery retailing in Colombia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Colombia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Colombia food and grocery retail industry.
Government infrastructure and technology investments, the growing middle class, and emergence of e-commerce will help to maintain the growth rate for the retail industry. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021, to reach sales of COP266,215 bn in 2021. A growing middle class income and the decline in inflation will support sector growth, at a CAGR of 4.4% between 2016 and 2021, to reach sales of COP149,740 bn by 2021. Casino Guichard Perrachon SA is the leading retailer group, operating Exito hypermarkets, Surtimax, Exito supermarkets, and Carulla supermarkets with a combined share of 9.4%, followed by Olimpica with a 3.8% share in 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Colombian retail industry, accounting for 55.4% of total retail sales in 2016
- The sector registered sales of COP120,451 billion, with a CAGR of 4.2% in 2016
- All the top 10 retailers in terms of value sales are domestic retailers buttressing the fact that international players have limited presence in the market.
- Specialist retailers, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and convenience stores are the leading channels in this sector, accounting for 96.4% of total sales in 2016.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Colombia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Colombia retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.