"Food & Grocery Retailing in Russia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Russia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Russia food and grocery retail industry.
Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Russian retail industry, accounting for 56.7% of the total retail sales. In 2016, sales were estimated at RUB13,925.5 billion and are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021 to reach RUB17,428.8 billion by 2021. Sector sales declined due to a weak economy, high inflation, and low disposable income; however, this pushed sales in discount stores. Additionally, sales in convenience stores increased due to consumer preference for neighborhood stores offering value deals. An embargo on food from the West, in response to sanctions, resulted in growing production in Russia during 2014-2016, making food sector self sufficient. Furthermore, the sector witnessed growing dominance of local retailers.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
- Online retail is emerging as the fastest-growing channel in Russian retail
- Food & grocery sales declined due to high inflation and low income
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard discounters taking greater share
- Local retailers dominate the sector
- The top ten retailers accounted for a share of 23.7% share in 2016
- All the top retailers operate in the mass middle range
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Russia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Russia retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.