"Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Russia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Russia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Russia clothing and footwear industry.
The clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Russian retail industry and contributed 13.2% to total retail sales in 2016. Sector sales are projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2016-2021 to reach RUB4,069.6 billion by 2021. Low income and high inflation changed the buying behavior of Russians as they began saving on purchases and refrained from impulse shopping. Demand for value clothing and discounts increased significantly, leading the mid-price segment to shrink and causing loss of sales, especially to international brands. The changing dynamics forced mid-priced brands to close their stores; however, larger brands, in the mass segment, began offering value deals and expanding their store network in Russia.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
- Online retail is emerging as the fastest-growing channel in Russian retail
- Clothing & footwear sector sales declined due to weak purchasing power of Russians
- Specialist stores and department stores losing share as online grows
- Mass market brands are driving sales in the sector with low price strategy
- Clothing & footwear sector is dominated by international retailers
- Specialists and department stores losing biggest share as online gains
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Russia retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.