The "Smart Money Investing in the Technology Sector - Q4 2017", report provides detailed analysis of investment activities in the technologysector globally during the fourth quarter of 2017.
The report provides comprehensive coverage of investment activities including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity, both in terms of deal value and volume. It also provides a global snapshot of investment trends across sectors including hardware, software, and IT services, and information on best practices followed by market participants, in the form of case studies.
The report brings together the author’s research and analysis expertise to allow stakeholders to identify investment dynamics in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and other regions.
The report provides insights into investment activities in the technology industry around the world in Q4 2017, including:
- A global snapshot of investment trends in the global technology sector.
- Comprehensive coverage of deal types including mergers, acquisitions, asset transactions, venture financing and private equity.
- Detailed insights into deal activities in sectors including hardware, software, and IT services.
- Information on the regional dynamics of investments in the technology sector.
- The overall M&A transaction value in the technology sector were valued at US$8.9 billion in Q4 2017, which represents a growth of 16.4% compared to US$7.7 billion in Q3 2017. Moreover, the top ten deals in Q4 2017 contributed 67% of the total deal value.
- Overall VF was valued at US$26.2 billion in Q4 2017, witnessing a growth of 51% over Q3 2017 (US$17.4 billion). The top ten deals in Q4 2017 accounted for 30% share of the total deal value.
- North America leads the total deal value occupying 87% of the total PE deals by value amounting to US$4.8 billion in Q4 2017. However, investments in the European region witnessed a decline of 37% in Q4 2017.
- Gain insights into emerging areas of investment in the technologysector.
- Identify products and services that are likely to make an impact on the market.
- Gain information about key investors focusing the technology sector.
- Understand the best practices followed by market participants in the form of case studies.
- M&A Deals in the Technology Sector
- Global M&A Deal Highlights, Q4 2017
- Key Takeaways
- Examples Highlighting Investment Avenues: CompuCom Systems, Inc., nuTonomy, Inc., and Cloudmark, Inc.
- Venture Capital Funding in the Technology Sector
- Global Venture Capital Funding Highlights, Q4 2017
- Key Takeaways
- Examples Highlighting Investment Avenues: Didi Chuxing, Carbon, Inc., and Intersection
- Private Equity Investments in the Technology Sector
- Global Private Equity Investment Highlights, Q4 2017
- Key Takeaways
- Examples Highlighting Investment Avenues: Gigamon, Inc., Intralinks, Inc., and WightFibre
- Oman Telecommunications Company SAOG
- Mobile Telecommunications Company
- Office Depot Inc
- CompuCom Systems Inc
- First Data Corporation
- BluePay Holdings Inc
- TMX Group Ltd
- Synopsys Inc
- Black Duck Software Inc
- nuTonomy Inc
- Delphi Technologies
- Proofpoint Inc
- Cloudmark Inc
- Lyft Inc
- Megvii Technology Inc
- UBTECH Robotics Corp
- Shanghai Junzheng Network Technology Co Ltd
- Carbon Inc
- Gigamon Inc
- IntraLinks Inc
- AppLovin Corporation
- Magic Leap Inc
- Squarespace Inc